Saturday, April 23, 2016

#Readathon Update No. 1 #teampenguin


Its a little over 6 hours in and I am starting to feel it a little bit at the moment, but I am mostly yearning for lunch.

Here is what I have done:

Pages read: 266
Books read: 1
Time read: 6 hours

I completed When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi and it was amazing.  It is a really good book, meditating on life and death and what it means to be human.  It was a library read and there were a number of quotes that I liked that I would have loved to highlight, but I think I will have to purchase this book at some point.  While the book has this sadness that envelopes the book, it has a hopefulness about it.  It is philosophical, but its not at that elevated level that can lose me.

Back to reading.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...