Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Salon - Happy Thanksgiving

I know that the vast majority are wondering why I am saying Happy Thanksgiving in the middle of October.  The reason is that I am Canadian and hence I celebrate Thanksgiving in the early part of October rather than in November.  If you wish to know more about the  history of Canadian Thanksgiving, you can find it here.

I realize that I have been invisible the last little while on the blog and the reason is that I have been working like crazy since I started work at the school that I am at about a month ago.  That week was insane, as I have a second job working as a cashier at a local trade and convention centre and that particular weekend I worked three shifts there in addition to my job at the school (I help out in an elementary school's library a few days a week).

And hence I have not read much either.  I have been quite tired and most of my time is spent either going to work (I take transit majority of the time to my school job) or at one of my many church activities.  And hence I am exhausted.  This weekend has been a blessing, in that I have been able to rest and relax and catch up on sleep. I was so tired last night that pretty much when I hit the pillow, I was out and slept for a good 9 hours (I have been also staying up late catching up on TV shows and watching TV DVDs; watched the first season of Fargo last week and really enjoy the show and have been watching The Americans this week and am enjoying that one as well).

But I am hoping that this coming week will be a tad more productive, as I have a book review coming up for a tour that I am part of that is due on Tuesday.

Hope you all have had a good weekend and hope that you get lots of reading done today!



No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...