Monday, May 25, 2015

Musing Monday (May 25)

The last few days, due to work, I have been unable to read anything and the last few weeks my blogging has been non-existent, but I hope that will change sometime soon.  And I am starting to blog again in small steps and this is one of them.

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Where is the strangest place you’ve ever read a book? OR… Where is the strangest place you’ve ever found a crazy-good book, 
Right now I am in the middle of a book slump, which is a bit of a bummer, but up next I will read All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Remarque (book club read that I have to present in about a week and a half), The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness, and The Prime Minister's Secret Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal (Maggie Hope #4).  I might start the Sarah MacLean series with A Rogue by Any Other Name (Rules of Scoundrels #1).

This week I blogged about the BOTNS Reading Bingo Challenge on my blog.  If you wish to join, it starts today, May 25, and ends on Labour Day, September 7.  You can still join and download a bingo card for this summer and I hope that some of you are interested enough to join me in the challenge (more information through the link above).
The strangest place that I read a book was a closet in the hotel room in Montreal that my sister and I were sharing.  I didn't want to go and sit in the bathroom nor did I want to go down to the lobby to do some reading, so I went into the closet, where there fortunately was a light that I could turn on to read while my sister slept.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either a link to your own Monday Musings post, or share your answer in a brief comment here (if you don't have a blog). Thanks!

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...