Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Salon - Right Now (12/28/14)


Time 10:27 am Pacific
Place My living room
Listening to… Nothing
Eating...  Just finished off breakfast

Watching... Eagles vs Giants

Reading... Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Planning... What challenges to do for the coming year

Feeling... A little bit on edge; coffee sometimes makes me a little edgier

Loving... That I can get a certain book set that I have had my eye on; may even consider upgrading to the hardcopy version as a result (see below)

Wanting... To calm down a bit

Thinking... How I am going to get through the day

Looking forward to... Christmas dinner with my family 

Here are the latest book reviews that I have been working on since my last Sunday Salon post that I posted book reviews:

• Discovery of Witches, A by Deborah Harkness (Nov. 2014)
• Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Nov. 2014)
• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Dec. 2014)
• Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (Dec. 2014)
• New York Christmas, A by Anne Perry (Dec. 2014)
• Mistletoe Promise, The by Richard Paul Evans (Dec. 2014)

Here are my bookish Christmas gifts from my parents and sister:

• Stone Mattress: Nine Tales by Margaret Atwood
• Emma by Alexander McCall Smith (part of the Austen project series)
• gift card from my parents and sister to ChaptersIndigo

I will be posting my top 10 books from 2014 next week, at least that is the plan. And sometime before Jan. 1 I will be posting my final reviews for 2014 and my challenges for 2015. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...