Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Salon - Right now (6/8/2014)

I realize that this is later than I normally would do my Sunday Salon but due to being generally lazy this morning and some fine weather outside, I delayed it.  So here we go....

Time: 4:24 pm
 
Place: In the living room
 
Listening to: The History of England Podcast (Episode 99)
 
Eating: Just had a couple pieces of fruit (yummy!) and glass of pink lemonade
 
Watching: Last nights Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final; will be watching the Red Sox/Tigers game in about 30 min.
 
Reading: Fangirl

Making: Nothing
 
Planning: At this point I can't really plan anything at the moment because if I do, I get worried and if one gets worried, one gets anxious, especially with stuff at work up in the air at the moment (no, its nothing bad; I just don't want to get into it)
 
Feeling: A little tired, but sort of a good tired
 
Loving: That there is less than three weeks left of work before summer vacation starts...
 
Wanting: Not to worry about stuff going on work that is basically beyond my control
 
Thinking: How lucky I have been to have had such wonderful weather this last week!  It feels like summer!

Looking forward to: Seeing my parents at the end of the week.  Even though I call and text them on a regular basis, it will be nice to see them again.

Books finished since my last Sunday Salon but not reviewed:
• While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell
• A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
• The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld

Books I hope to finish this coming week:
• Fangirl (I can't seem to get into it)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...