Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Salon - #Readathon End of Event Meme


I am happy to say that I survived the 24 Hour Read-a-thon, save for the 90 min that I went to sleep.  But nonetheless I managed to read for most of the 24 hours.  And if you have participated before, you know that there is an end of readathon meme.  Here are the questions and my answers:

1) What hour did you find the most daunting?  The hour around 2:00 pm Pacific (that was about the 9 hour mark).

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think that could keep a Reader engaged next year? I guess whatever interests the reader.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  Nothing that I could think of.  Maybe contact people through their twitter handle if they have won a prize.

4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?  The encouragement from the cheerleaders while tweeting

5) How many books did you read? Five

6) What were the names of the books you read? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, HP and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, The Whole Truth by Kit Pearson, The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli, and War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

7) Which book did you enjoy the most?  I would have to say War & Peace because I didn't really focus on the words, but just the story.

8) Which book did you enjoy the least? Probably HP and the Order of the Phoenix because I just couldn't focus on the book and was constantly re-reading passages.

9) How like are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  Very likely to participate next time.  And I would probably take a similar role as I took this time, but would consider doing some cheerleading for a couple of hours...


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...