Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Salon - A rather lazy day

I realize that this is slightly late, but where I am its still Sunday.  Today has been somewhat lazy; part of its due to the changing of clocks overnight and part of its due to the fact that the last couple of days I have done a lot of running around for my bookclub meeting yesterday afternoon and I think a part of is that I am just purely exhausted and didn't realize until today.

That being said, I really didn't get much completed in the past week, although I seem to be keep plugging away at reading Crime & Punishment, which seems to just get darker and darker as the book moves on and therefore makes me more and more depressed.  I understand the need to read these sort of books, but sometimes I wish that readalongs choices would be books that are a little happier.  I understand that its the darker books that seem to get the most discussion, but it just seems that the more I read classic lit, the more depressed I get.

But while I had a lazy day, it doesn't mean that nothing was accomplished.  There were some things that needed to be replaced in my place and weren't working well at this point in time.  And while that was good to replace it all, by the time I got home, I just felt tired and at the moment, I just want to curl up with a book and watch the upcoming Canucks game.

Reviews:
1) The Giver by Lois Lowry (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...