Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Salon - Lack of books completion is making me frustrated

I am feeling frustrated due to the fact that I can't seem to finish many books.  Of course it is the result of the fact that I went through about two months of feeling blue and not really myself and the fact that I just couldn't get myself to read for long stretches of time.  I think the primary reason that I am feeling this sort of frustration is that I was able to get a lot of reading done in the first 4 months of 2012, but this year I just can't seem to finish anything at the moment.  Maybe its due to the fact that the readalong for Crime and Punishment is really going longer than it probably ought to go (at least I think it is; it could be completed within two months instead of three) and that I am feeling deluged by the books that I requested in the final months of 2012 finally coming through from the library.  Maybe I should just plod along and find something relatively easy to read and maybe focus on one or two books instead of trying to read many at one time.  Or maybe I should just spend a day reading and not try to do other things.  Or maybe I should find a book or two that take my imagination away.  Who knows what I should do, but nonetheless I shouldn't be so hard on myself and let where the chips lay.

But I can say that I probably getting to a place that I will be completing books at a better rate.

Review:
1) Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...