Monday, January 7, 2013

Musing Mondays (Jan.7)

This week, Miz B at Should Be Reading asks:

• Tell us what book(s) you bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s)

I recently bought my mom Quiet by Susan Cain for Christmas because she and I had had a good conversation in regards to the book back in October.  She almost bought it a few times, but didn't.  I also bought a book on knitting stitches for my sister because she likes to knit in addition to the book on Hockey Night in Canada that I got for my dad; these last two were also Christmas gifts.  I also purchased the latest Flavia de Luce book (I'm afraid of shadows) because I like the series and have bought the other books in paperback; so I continued the trend.  I also bought an e-copy of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones because they were inexpensive and I had gotten a gift card from my sister for Christmas.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...