Saturday, December 15, 2012

Virtual Advent Tour 2012 - A little late

I am really sorry for being late, but due to some very late nights reading the last few weeks, I seem to have forgotten things or have nearly forgotten about things.  My brain has become mush and I should have put a reminder in my calendar to remind me.

In any case I wanted to talk about something that is slowly becoming a part of my Christmas.  About a year ago, I was looking for something to do, specifically something that I could volunteer at and it was suggested that I could help out with Help-Portrait, which was being organized locally and had been held in my town the year before.  Thinking it was a good thing to do, I volunteered and I really enjoyed it.

Again this year I helped out with the registration of individuals who were getting their portraits taken.  To explain what Help-Portrait is, it is a community of photographers that come together across the world to use their photography skills to give back to those in need.

We see a lot of individuals and families that come recommended from a variety of organizations that provide services to those in the community and the two years that I have done it, I have come away with a warm feeling in my heart that we have made somebody's year/life just that a little more brighter.

There are lots of ways that people chose to spend the Christmas/Holiday season to make the lives of those who are less fortunate than us, whether it be filling a shoebox for a kid in a part of the world that doesn't have a lot (Samartian's Purse) or we collect change (Salvation Army Kettles) or we help out an individual family (Christmas Bureau).

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas/Holiday season and remember to hug those who you love, even if you don't feel like it.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...