Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall into Reading 2012 - Update #1

I can hardly believe that a month has gone by already.  Out where I am, we have only had our typical fall weather for about a couple of weeks and already I am disliking the cold and the rain; my body doesn't seem to want to get adjusted to it and nor does my apartment for that matter, as it feels cold all the time, but only seems to get warm in the hour or so before I wish to go to bed.  Its very frustrating, but then I think and realize that its less than 2 months until Christmas and I need to probably get cracking on getting my gifts purchased, as I am planning on getting my gifts online again this year, well at least most of them...

Anyways, the reading hasn't been going too great, although I have managed to get 60% of Les Miserables and Anna Karenina completed and its a real possibility to get them completed before the end of the calendar year.  I have finished a few of books since the start of the readathon (one I put the review of the book the day of the start of Fall into Reading), with only one of them being on my list (I have another book that I am a few chapters away from completing and I should have that done tomorrow).  I am hoping to have a few more books completed in the next month, but depending on how much I focus on Les Miserables and Anna Karenina, it may not be much.  Hope everybody is having a great time.

Reviews:
1) A Race to Splendor (review)
2) A Farewell to Arms (review)
3) Quiet (review)
4) Gone Girl (review)

Talk to you guys next month.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...