Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Salon - A Bunch of Randomness

Before I start, I hope that everybody is having a nice, relaxing Sunday, whatever you are doing today.

I really don't know how to describe this week.  The reason that I don't know how to describe the week is because I wasn't feeling well for most of it (got a nasty cold) and therefore didn't get much reading done this week, even though I did manage to get a book done yesterday, but most of the time I spent playing games on my Facebook account, hoping that I would be able to get out during the last of the warm weather out here on the west coast, which I was unable to do, due to the cold.  But I am hoping that I can get some more reading this coming week.

On another front I signed up for Katrina's (Callapidder Days) Fall Into Reading 2012.  I have been looking forward to this for some time and finally the sign up was available.  I didn't put much down, as I know that most of the books that I will read during the next few months will be primarily those that I just read on a hunch, but I do have a few that I am planning on reading.

Besides my reading, I am looking forward to tonight's Emmy Awards and I don't know who I want to win for best drama, since I have a couple of favourites that are in the category (Mad Men and Downton Abbey), but I am secretly hoping that Downton Abbey wins it, as I think its a better show than Mad Men, even though I still really like that show.  So for its hard to decide who I want to win, at least in that category.

And yes, I am feeling much better and should be fine next week...

Reviews:
1) A Race to Splendor by Ciji Ware (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...