Thursday, September 27, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - Carry-Ons

This week, Booking Through Thursday asks:

Do you bring the book(s) you’re reading with you when you go out? How?Physically, or in an e-reader of some kind? Have your habits in thisregard changed? (I know I carried books with me more when I was inschool than I do now–I can’t read while I’m driving to work, afterall.)
It really depends on where I am going.  If I am going somewhere where I know I won't likely be able to get any sort of reading done, I don't bring anything, just to resist the temptation.  But since on one of my e-readers I have downloaded a Bible app onto it, the temptation is always going to be there.  But for the most part I do bring a book with me, whether it be on one of my two e-readers (one is like a tablet and one is a more traditional e-reader) or a physical book.  I even bring a book with me to church, in case I get bored with the sermon and need to concentrate on something else.  My habits really haven't changed in bringing a book with me, because I never know how long I am going to wait for something or somebody (I even bring my tablet e-reader into a movie theatre because I read through most of the "ads" before the movie trailers and as people are filing into the movie theatre) and I sometimes bring a book to a family event because I never know if I am going to get a bit bored and need something to do. If I was going to the opera or something like that, I wouldn't bring a book; it would just be rude, but since I have a Kobo app on my phone, there is nothing really preventing me from reading something at any moment.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...