Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sunday Salon - Lack of Motivation to read

The last couple of days I have felt little or no motivation to read and yesterday (Friday) I didn't really read anything, save for a few articles on the theglobeandmail.com.  Its not that I don't like to read, in fact I love to read, but for some strange reason I feel little motivation to do any sort of reading.  While I have finished two books this past week, I have really found little pleasure in reading this past week.  It kinda feels like the books I am reading are a bit blah and I really am not enjoying them as much as I should.

I realize that this is just a phase and that I will somehow get through it and I will be able to get through it.   It just seems that when I get home from work, I can't get myself to read.  Now part of this is due to the fact that I was watching all of season 1 of Game of Thrones on Tuesday and Wednesday and just came off of Season 2 of Downton Abbey the previous week, but I feel little or no motivation to do any reading at all.  Of course I have a bunch of books available not only on my e-reader but also in paper format, but I just don't feel the need to read anything.  Any idea how to get out of this funk?  I did a previous post on this or I have seen posts on this topic and I can't seem to find anything that would help or I just can't recall where I have seen such a post.

Hope you all have a good weekend (yes, I do plan on doing some reading this weekend...).

Reviews:
1) The Winter Palace (review)
2) The World of Downton Abbey (review)


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...