Monday, March 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - TBR for Spring

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish, where book bloggers share their Top Ten lists on everything bookish.   This week its the Top Ten on one's TBR List for Spring.

 

Here are mine:

 

1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins -  I have heard and seen so much about the movie coming out this coming Thursday that I know I really do need to get this book read.  I already own the book and borrowed the audiobook from the library and will probably spend Wednesday reading the book.

 

 2) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - I started this book back in January with the hope that I would get the book done by late March/early April, but at the rate I am going it won't be sometime till May that I will get it done.

 

3) Bleak House by Charles Dickens - I am doing a read-a-long through Unputdownables and I believe it is sometime in May that the book will be completed.

 

4) Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle - I had hoped to finish the book last month but sadly I didn't and with only about 4 chapters left, I should be able to get it done.

 

5) 4 plays by William Shakespeare - There are a number of plays that I need to sit down and read over the course of the Spring months.

 

6) Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk - need to read this for a June book club meeting with friends and I am the one leading the discussion.

 

7) Books 4, 5, and 6 of the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - Reading these for the 2012 Harry Potter Challenge

 

8) Forever Amber by Kathleen Windsor - Reading this for the Forever Amber read-a-long.

 

9) History of Pleasure Seeker by Richard Mason - I haven't been reading this as much as I should but I am hoping in the next few days I can get around to it.

 

10) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - I am in line for the first season set of the HBO series through my library and I need to start read it so that I have a better idea of what the show is about.

 

Honourable mentions:

 

1) Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larrson -  I have had these books sitting on my bookshelf for quite sometime and I haven't bothered to read them.

 

2) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - I really want to be able to see the movie by comparing the book to the movie when it comes out later this year.

 

Good thing that there are NHL playoffs and the MLB season starts because I will spending a lot of time reading as I watch sporting events over the course of the next few months.  Hope you all have a wonderful first day of Spring (at least if you live in the Northern Hemisphere).

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...