Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sunday Salon - The Hunger Games & A Game of Thrones

I have finally succumbed to the power that is The Hunger Games and have been reading the book for the past couple of days.  I haven't gotten far, but the aim is to get it done by Monday afternoon so that I can go and watch the movie without the hordes of people, although I do expect that there will be quite a number of people in the audience.  At least that is the aim.

Anyways, I am really enjoying the book and even though I am getting close to the end of part one, I am looking forward to Catching Fire.  Yes, I know, I haven't even gotten to The Games yet and I am looking forward to the second book.  I realize why people love this series and why it is so addicting.

This week also saw me start A Game of Thrones and even though I only have barely started the book, I can see myself reading large portions of the book or it being something I read on my Easter break in a couple of weeks.   I am trying to read it before I get the DVD set from the library in a bit, but I may not get the book done, due to the fact that I am reading a lot of books that can be considered to be chunky (over 450 pages) and I just can't get myself to read them, even though they are my e-reader (I do have paper copies for many of the books and am using them to calculate how far I am into a book on Goodreads).

And yes, I plan on spending the majority of my Sunday reading The Hunger Games...

Have a good Sunday.

11:49 PM PT: I have finished The Hunger Games.  And now I want to read the second book in the series, but first I need to see the movie for The Hunger Games and read something else to allow my brain to focus on the second book, when I get the audiobook from the library.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...