Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sunday Salon - Don't what to feel at the moment

This week has been a bit of whirlwind and I am trying to get my bearings at the moment.  My week has been somewhat topsy turvey and I feel like I can't get my head on straight.  While I was hoping for a nice, relaxing week, I felt like it was anything but and the last few days have been feeling a little crazy at the moment.  Its not that life has gone bad for me, its just that its been a little busy and I can't seem to get my head on straight at the moment and it feels somewhat weird to be writing this.  While I got over my grogginess by having a good sleep Sunday night and having a few nights of just lying in bed and making myself falling asleep while reading my e-reader, which doesn't want to reset because it can't download the newest update for some strange reason, which I spent most of Friday trying to figure out and which I hope my dad can spend sometime seeing what can be done, hopefully.

Other than that my week was great.  My mom retired from working as an educator for the past 37 years and the school district that she was a senior administrator in put on a nice afternoon do in a local community centre.  They did a nice job and my sister came out for a couple of days and my dad came out earlier in the week. Other family members also came out for the event.

I suppose I am just wanting to be around my family and that's why I am feeling the way I am.  And I am feeling a tad toopsy-turvey and just need to be around my parents for a bit because there really isn't much time before my dad goes back to his post-retirement work.  And I suppose I know now that my mom really is going to leave me down here on my own and I suppose I lean on my mom for emotional support more than I have thought I have in the past.  I will get over this, but it will take some time to get over.

Book reviews:
1) Macbeth by William Shakespeare (review)
2) Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...