Thursday, February 23, 2012

Goodreads Catch-Up Read-a-thon

Even though I am on schedule to make my goal for this coming year, I have books that I am behind on and when I saw this come through on another blog this past evening (Thursday), I knew that I had to do it. Stephanie at Once Upon a Chapter is hosting this one.  Here are the details from her blog:

*Will run from 2/24 (12:01 AM) to 3/1 (11:59 PM).

*If you are a blogger, please do a post announcing your participation. If you want to do all of your updating from one post, that is completely fine by me. (You can also grab the smaller button below.)

*I will be having mini-challenges throughout the week. Two for US residents and one for my international friends!

*I can’t stress this enough: HAVE FUN with the read-a-thon!

To sign up, visit her BLOG 



What will I be reading?

Les Miserables.  I am horribly behind on this book and I need to get caught up on it.
Anna Karenina.  Another one that I am horribly behind on.
• Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman.  Even though I am not behind on it, I do have to get it done in the next few days or else I don't have access to it.
• The Hound of the Baskervilles.  Really thought I might have this one done by now, but I don't and I need to get it done for one of my reading challenges.
• The Great Gatsby.  Really did think I would have this one done, but other books got in the way and I just was unable to finish it.

Updates
I will be creating a new one each day, hopefully at the end of each day.

2 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I was wondering if any of my buddies were going to be doing this one. You've got a good list there. Sounds like you're behind on a couple like I am with Gone with the Wind. Maybe we can get caught up.

Have fun!

Melissa Wiebe said...

I hope I can. I am currently on vacation so that makes things a little more difficult, but I am not going to pressure myself to get something done each day.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...