Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sunday Salon - Reading and other related matters

A lot of you know that a few weeks ago, I was extremely frustrated that I couldn't get myself into the reading groove.  Well, things have changed and I am reading more than I have in probably at least a year and a half.  And you may be wondering what the cause was.  Well…blame it on Facebook app games.  I was spending at least a few hours each day and by the time I was off, I was frustrated and spent and couldn't calm myself down to the point that I could get a lot of reading done.

A little over a week ago, I just made a decision to quit them cold turkey and while I thought about going back and play again, its feeling like I made the right decision.  And the result of that decision is that I have actually sat down and read more in the past week and a half.  Now things were a little crazy until this Saturday afternoon, but nonetheless, reading has become more of priority for me.  Now, if I could do that with going for a daily walk…

Reviews:
1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Captivity

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

So many lovely distractions in this world, I think. Apps are one of them. I have personally vowed to avoid all that distracts me from reading.

Alyce said...

I've never gotten into the apps like that, but I have wasted a good amount of time on computer games in the past so I totally understand how it can creep in and steal your time.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, I do get distracted by blogging and the blogosphere...and some Facebook stuff, too.

Sometimes we just have to choose one thing over another.

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
MY WEBSITE

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...