Monday, October 31, 2011

Musing Mondays (Oct. 31)

Happy Halloween everybody.  I am not dressing up and haven't done so since I was twelve.  Now unless I have to dress up, I generally don't; its too much of a hassle to do it for one day a year and I would prefer to dress up for something I do want to attend.  Besides it was never really a big deal after elementary school anyways, unless you count PJ day in high school.

Anyways, onto this week's question.  This week MizB of Should Be Reading asks:

 Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?

I actually do read more than I did when I was in school.  The primary reason is that I was bogged down with papers and class readings and exams and when in high school, just general homework and when I had sometime to relax, I would usually watch TV or play some games on the computer.  I would say I would be lucky to read probably about 20 books a year, but now that I am not in a course, I probably read about 40 books a year (and some of them aren't exactly thin books and I am a fairly slow reader and there times during the year that I don't read anything).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having a time of year when I don't read anything!

Here’s my Musing Mondays post. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Halloween. I'm not dressing up either - but I did just run out to the shop to get some sweets (candy) to give to any children who might knock at the door this evening.

caite said...

Sure, sometimes you have more obligations and less time to read and sometimes you have fewer obligations and more time...but I have always been a reader and hopefully, always will be!

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Same here, exams and various essays were the main reason I read less when I was younger. I read much more now than I did back in high school. :)
Here's my Musing Mondays post
Happy Halloween!
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Amy said...

I agree, it's easier finding time to read now than when I was in school. :)

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-mondays-and-darkspell-launch.html

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...